A Hundred Paintings a Year – Your opportunity to Collect Original Art
Welcome to the online portfolio and blog of Cally Lotz, a fine art painter of contemporary still life.
The Collector’s Artist shows up to a hundred oil paintings a year, allowing direct contact with the artist. Many are in a collectible series.
To receive regular updates and new art, subscribe here.
Some Common Problems Collectors of Art Face
In my opinion it is wrong that people interested in collecting art often say ‘they don’t have the time to visit galleries or are intimidated by them’
My experience has identified some of these common problems collectors face.
- New buyers are intimidated by ‘art-speak’ and feel they have to be wealthy to start a collection.
- As an existing collector of art they don’t have time to visit galleries.
- Art collectors are often thwarted in their desire to connect to the artist.
- Galleries are restricted by wall space, and the need to contrive meaning for their curated exhibitions.
A Solution to Your Art Buying Problems
The series of paintings exhibited on the Collector’s Artist offer a solution to these art buying problems by making original art affordable, accessible and collectible, and allowing direct contact with me, the artist.
- The site provides the viewer with the keys to an exclusive gallery.
- Gallery hours are flexible, paintings can be browsed at any time, at midnight with a glass of wine or at six in the morning with a cup of coffee.
- A collection can be built from the comfort of home.
- There are no wall space restrictions.
- By choosing the everyday as subject matter, this collection moves from contrived meaning and theory laden talk, taking the here and now as deserving of attention.
- The affordability of an original small painting created by a professional artist is appealing and a great way to start an art collection.
My Experience as an Artist
I have an honours degree in Fine Art, exhibit internationally, and have taught art for ten years. With an extensive knowledge of art history, I lead annual art appreciation tours to France.
The Collector’s Artist provides exciting opportunities to begin or build on a collection of original art.